Graduated from the State Theatre Academy in Warsaw. He made his debut in the Powszechny Theatre in the play Śleboda directed by Waldemar Śmigasiewicz. In 2001-2010 he was a member of the ensemble of the Powszechny Theatre. In the TR ensemble he acted from 1997 to 2001 and again since September 2010.
In the Powszechny Theatre he acted in such plays as: King Lear (Król Lear, 2005) andStraw hat (Słomkowy kapelusz, 2001) directed by Piotr Cieplak, The shape of things(Kształt rzeczy, 2002) and White Marriage (Białe małżeństwo, 2003) directed by Grzegorz Wiśniewski, Return to the desert (Powrót na pustynię) directed by Anna Augustynowicz (2004), Pornography (Pornografia, 2008) and The pocket atlas of women (Kieszonkowy atlas kobiet, 2009) directed by Waldemar Śmigasiewicz. He gave guest performances in Ateneum Theatre in Warsaw, Współczesny Theatre in Wrocław and in Wierszalin Theatre.
He was recognized for his performances in the Polish TV Theatre, where he cooperated, among others, with Izabela Cywińska, Magdalena Łazarkiewicz, Łukasz Barczyk and Maria Zmarz-Koczanowicz (a well-known role of Miron Białoszewski inA Memoir of the Warsaw Uprising [Pamiętnik z powstania warszawskiego], 2004).
He also played significant film roles such as the main role in the film Popiełuszko.Freedom is within us (Popiełuszko. Wolność jest w nas) directed by Rafał Wieczyński (2009), supporting role in The Reverse (Rewers) by Borys Lankosz (2009), Chopin. Desire for love (Chopin. Pragnienie miłości) by Jerzy Antczak (2002) and General Nil by Ryszard Bugajski (2009).
In 2003 he received an award at the 3rd Contemporary Drama Festival in Zabrze and Feliks Warszawski Award for best supporting actor in The shape of things(Kształt rzeczy), in 2004 he was awarded for his role in Return to the desert (Powrót na pustynię) at the 3rd Festival of First Premieres in Bydgoszcz. For his roles inStraw hat (Słomkowy kapelusz) and in A Memoir of the Warsaw Uprising (Pamiętnik z Powstania Warszawskiego) he received Aleksander Zelwerowicz Award in 2005. For the last one he also received the Grand Prix at the 5th Polish National Festival of Radio and Television Theatre "Two Theatres". In 2009, at the same Festival, he was awarded for his performance in the play Golgota wrocławska by Jan Komasa. At the 16th Polish Competition for staging of a Contemporary Polish Play, he was awarded for the role of the Director in No matter how hard we tried (Między nami dobrze jest, 2010). In 2011, he received the Eagle Award (Orzeł) for the best supporting actor in the film The christening (Chrzest) directed by Marcin Wrona. He was presented with the prize for "The Best Leading Actor" at the 43rd Polish Feature Film Festival in Gdynia for the role of Count Hermann von Kraus in "The Butler" directed by Filip Bajon.
Performances in TR Warszawa:
- The history of a merciful woman, or The dog's will, 1997, directed by Piotr Cieplak
- Dog, 1998, directed by Bożena Suchocka-Kozakiewicz
- Snake skin, 1998, directed by Piotr Cieplak
- God’s words, 1998, directed by Piotr Tomaszuk
- Hamlet, 1999, directed by Krzysztof Warlikowski
- No matter how hard we tried, 2009, directed by Grzegorz Jarzyna
- Solaris. Report, 2009, directed by Natalia Korczakowska
- Unfaithful, 2010, directed by Artur Ildefons Urbański
- Nosferatu, 2011, directed by Grzegorz Jarzyna
- The Bat, 2012, directed by Kornél Mundruczó
- The Second Woman, 2014, directed by Grzegorz Jarzyna
- Ewelina's Crying, 2015, directed by Anna Karasińska
- The Lake, 2016, directed by Yana Ross
- Fantasia, 2017, directed by Anna Karasińska